Originally called American Louver, AmeriLux International was formed in May 2004 and moved from Appleton, WI into a new 20,000 square foot facility located in the East De Pere Industrial Park just south of Green Bay, WI. Since then, AmeriLux International has been committed to providing the horticultural, architectural, building, and construction communities with superior products and service and on educating the U.S. market on the features and benefits of polycarbonate daylighting.
- 2006: To better service the marketplace, AmeriLux partnered with GE Plastics to become the master distributor of LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ multiwall and corrugated polycarbonate sheet products. While AmeriLux would continue to serve as the master distributor of LEXAN™ multiwall polycarbonate, GE would go on to sell their plastics division to SABIC.
- 2007: AmeriLux expanded its product offering to include the off-site warehousing and distribution of steel coil. Steel coil is used in a wide variety of construction applications such as pre-engineered wall and roof panels, architectural building panels, and agricultural wall and roof panels.
- 2008: Due to an increased use of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) panels as a building material in the U.S. agricultural and industrial markets, Agrilite™ Corrugated PVC liner panels and TRUSSCORE™ PVC interlocking liner panels were added to AmeriLux’s ever-growing line of products.
- 2009: With a growing customer base and an increase in product diversity, it was necessary to expand the warehouse and operations space. AmeriLux nearly doubled in physical plant size, now occupying 37,000 square feet of production space.
- 2009: With the US’s growing demand for high-performance, energy-efficient daylighting solutions in the architectural and building construction markets, AmeriLux began distribution of the LEXAN™ THERMOCLICK™ Interlocking Sheet System; a 40mm and 50mm polycarbonate sheet product that offers superior thermal performance and is easy to install.
- 2009: Looking to offer the professional grower the ideal combination of maximum light transmission, thermal insulation, impact strength, and energy efficiency in a multiwall polycarbonate panel, AmeriLux introduced the LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ Plus high-performance sheet to the horticultural market.
- 2010: To further enhance the energy efficiency of multiwall polycarbonate (primarily thermal performance), AmeriLux partnered with the Cabot Corporation to become the exclusive U.S. distributor and fabricator of Lumira& aerogel-filled multiwall polycarbonate sheets.
- 2010: SABIC and AmeriLux co-developed the LEXAPANEL™ polycarbonate standing seam glazing solution. LEXAPANEL™ uses a standing seam connection to join multiwall polycarbonate panels in a variety of customizable widths, thicknesses, structures and colors. This major innovation addresses many building and construction challenges – including cost and design freedom – with one versatile concept.
- 2012: With the multiwall polycarbonate market in the US continuing to grow, AmeriLux completed a 23,000 square foot expansion to its warehouse facility; bringing the total square footage of operations space to just under 60,000 square feet.
Building Expansion 2012: View photos and progess updates.
- 2012: To continually provide value-added services and improve on-time delivery with key customers, AmeriLux International formed AmeriLux Transportation; a full-service, freight transport company. AmeriLux Transportation made its first delivery in June of 2012.
- 2014: The past decade has seen many improvements in the performance characteristics of polycarbonate. AmeriLux is proud to have been a key player in introducing some of these technological advancements to the marketplace such as LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15. A high-performance polycarbonate sheet that will offer the industry’s only 15-Year warranty!
- 2015: The formation of AmeriLux Logistics, a freight brokerage company. AmeriLux Transportation would now have access to a network of qualified carriers and a wide range of freight shipping services - yet another offering to better serve the marketplace.
- 2015: As a compliment to SABIC's 15-Year warranty, AmeriLux inroduced it's industry leading 20-Year warranty on the LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 8mm and 16mm mulitwall polycarbonate sheet.
- 2015: Expanded our fabrication services with the addition of a MultiCam 3000 Series CNC Router and a Giben 14-Foot Beam Saw. These additions to our Distribution Center not only increase our cutting capabilities but also our abilities to better meet our customers’ specific project requirements.
- 2017: AmeriLux builds a 30,592 square foot building next to its existing facility in East De Pere to house its extensive inventory of multiwall polycarbonate products. This new building features 161 unique storage locations. This improved lot control, minimized double handling of material, and allowed for a true FIFO inventory system.
Building Expansion 2017: View photos and progress updates.
- 2017: AmeriLux purchases a custom-built multidirectional sideloader. This piece of material handling equipment will significantly reduce the amount of time spent moving polycarbonate panels in and out of the new racking system. AmeriLux has invested heavily in racking and material handling equipment to improve efficiencies, quality, safety, and inventory control.
- 2019: AmeriLux acquires a 12,000 square foot building and an adjacent lot at 1201 Enterprise Drive in De Pere, WI. The much-needed office space is now home to the fast-growing divisions of AmeriLux Logistics and AmeriLux Transportation as well as a few other tenants who occupy the building.
- 2019: AmeriLux obtains property at 1200 Enterprise Drive in De Pere, WI for a 25,000 square foot expansion to Building #2. This addition increases storage capacity for an ever-growing product offering and creates easy access to inventory for timely order fulfillment. The AmeriLux campus continues to expand and will soon be 125,000 square feet!
Building Expansion 2019-2020: View photos and progress updates.
We would like to take a moment to say “Thank you” to our customers and vendors who have helped us achieve these milestones. Please take time to explore our website to learn more about our company, the customer-focused A-Team, and the diverse range of quality products available. We look forward to continuing to be an industry leader and a valued resource in the years to come.
LEXAN THERMOCLEAR, LEXAN THERMOCLICK, and LEXAPANEL are trademarks of SABIC.